Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Education Nation

I've been trying to catch what I can of Education Nation's Summit.

Albuquerque Public Schools' Superintendent Winston Brooks will be participating today... and right now I'm watching a panel called What's in a ZIP Code: A Look at Inequity Across our Public Schools.  I am always glad to hear national conversation about education that isn't centered around blame, and I wish I could be there in person. 

One of the things that I think may come out of this summit is more hype around the necessity for early childhood education.  If we (I'm not exactly sure who I mean by "we"... maybe the nation...) are planning to work hard to make public education an equalizer for minority and low-income students, we may as well start when we still have the best chance of impacting development and habits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment